Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Night Before Christmas


I love Christmas. I love the sights, sounds & the smells. I mainly love getting together with friends and family. I am lucky in that both mine and Shawn's families live here in town so we don't have far to travel to see anyone. I love relaxing and spending time doing nothing. Over the past couple of years I have come to realize what is important about the holiday time. I have scaled back on the decorating and prep work. I put less pressure on myself and others and that has really paid off. Who cares if the house isn't done up to the tee, if the cookies aren't done perfectly- no one- we care that we can take a moment to be together, to rediscover one another, to stop and smell the cedar!

I love the routine and tradition of Christmas and I really, really love my Night Before Christmas books. I have been collecting them for years. They really are the only thing I collect. I have pop up books, lift the flap books, one that was published the year I was born and one that was quilted for me by my sister in law. They make me happy. As long as I have them and my Hallmark ornaments I am good to go.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great recipe for a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy your time off and all the family gatherings! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cool collection! I love your attitude about Christmas preparations. You are absolutely right about no one caring if everything is perfect or not. We just need to relax and enjoy! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete