Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving

Next To Christmas I think Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday. I love Fall and the colours, with the crisp cleanness of the air. I don't like to days and days of rain we have had this year but Saturday was was perfect for our annual plans.
We host Thanksgiving dinner every year for both sides of our families. We are luck that everyone lives in Kitchener or very close by. One of the reasons I also love this holiday is that other than Katie's cranberry sauce- Shawn does ALL the cooking. I get to piddle around setting up the tables and making centre pieces while he does all the hard stuff- I love it!!

We start of with a family hike, for the last few years we have been going to Huron Natural area as it is only a couple minutes from our house. It is a great place to get photos. Above is my brother Paul and his daughter Jadyn. Below is me and the girls.
This was our first year with Josie - she will be one in a couple of weeks. My brother Adam is very lucky to have a wonderful wife, Teresa and 3 beautiful daughters. This year was a bit strange in that my parents were not here. They go on a trip down south every Fall but are usually back by Thanksgiving, this year they left later and will not be back until next week. They certainly were missed. My sister-in-law and her husband have a farm near by and my nephews and they were busy doing some excavating so they missed our walk and photo session but did make it for dinner. Popa stays behind and helps Shawn out in the kitchen and Nana didn't want a photo so it was just my side getting photographed but they all love it as you can see.
I am very thankful for my family and friends. I couldn't do it without them!





2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a fun weekend. I really love the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Lynn! It looks like you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete