Sunday, September 6, 2009

Last Days of Summer

I had a very busy week this past week, trying to cram everything in I wanted to get accomplished this summer. My mom and I spent the entire day Monday reorganizing my laundry room. It looks very good now- for a room I hate to spend time in that is!
With the school year starting off so late this year it kinda screwed up my last week of holidays. I had to go into the board office on Wednesday and do some training as all teachers and EA have to get in 2 working days before students show up this year to make up our 190 or so teaching days. My school has been undergoing huge renovations this summer which are still on -going so we couldn't get in to set up our classes like we usually do. We were to work on Wednesday and Thursday. I made plans to leave for a camping trip with Katie and some of her friends to celebrate her 16th birthday before school started. The construction in our school is behind so we couldn't even get onto the property until Friday-- sooo long story short I ended up driving in from the campground on Friday and Saturday to set the room up. It was a lot of work as we had to pack up EVERYTHING in classroom when we left in June. Gen, Andy and I spent a lot of time over those 2 days helping out other teachers and getting our room all put together- it looks awesome! The school on the other hand is still a construction zone, we will not have a gym, library or computers before Christmas and the addition is not even half way done. it will be fantastic when it is all done- we will just have to learn to live with it until then- it's going to be an interesting Fall.


The time I did get the spend with the girls camping was a lot of fun. Katie is lucky to have such good friends. I am so used to having them around that it was very odd this summer to have them gone as well as Katie- I missed them all. We had fun joking around the campfire, playing with sparklers and hanging at the beach. We took many, many pictures. I am sure the girls had fun camping by themselves when I was gone, making pancakes- they did a great job of cleaning everything up and even figuring out how to put the table bed back together. I am glad to have been a part of this celebration with Katie and her friends- they want to make it an annual event so we'll see :)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a busy but wonderful ending to your summer. Enjoy the new school year!

    ReplyDelete