Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our Wedding Anniversary


On Thursday Shawn and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary- this means that I have now been a Wilson as long as I was a Clasper. I don't know why but this seems like a really big deal to me. It makes my childhood seem like such a long time ago. I plan on being a Wilson for much, much longer than I was ever a Clasper don't get me wrong!!
Shawn and I met in college when we were 18. We got engaged after 6 months- I can appreciate now how much that must have freaked our parents out at the time- never mind that I was Shawn's first ever real girlfriend- Poor Millie and Bill didn't know what hit them. I can just imagine my reaction if Nicole was to come home and tell us that she was engaged!
We were engaged for 2 years- giving us enough time to finish school and get jobs. Neither of us had ever lived away from home or by ourselves. It was hard work in the beginning- learning about each other and how to be grown ups together. Luckily we had wonderful, supportive parents to help us along the way. We were very young to get married- just 21 years old- we have grown up together- luckily we have grown in the same direction I know this is not always the case. We had a group of friends who all got married around the same time and the majority of those marriages have failed- we are blessed but we also work damn hard to make this work- there have been struggles, hard times and disappointments but those time have been surpassed by love, joy, happiness and contentment. I am thankful everyday for having a husband who loves me for me, who lets me be the best me I can be, who has given me the two most amazing, wonderful daughters that anyone could ask for!
Thank you Shawn- I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Lynn and Shawn! I love the photo ... you still look so much the same :) Engaged after six months! (and at 18!). Robin'll be there soon enough and I can't imagine if she came home engaged after dating someone for six months - I think Rick would lock her up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Times have certainly changed. Courtney starts running in the opposite direction when a boy starts mentioning the "M" word. Me, on the other hand, couldn't wait to get married!

    Love the photo, brings back great memories. Your wedding was a lot of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete