Thursday, June 11, 2009

Am I a photographic control freak??

It is not really a true question- I know that I am. It has really hit home with me lately though as those I love venture off into prime photo taking places and I am not allowed to go!!
Shawn left last week for England. He is there with all my relatives, all the historical buildings and the sea- all things that I love to take pictures of. I trust him to do a good job but did give him hints before he left of some shots he should get.

The girls are growing up, it is hard to lose the picturing taking role in their lives. I have always taken shots of each and every special event they have ever been involved in. Tonight as they leave the house to go to the schools athletic banquet with their boyfriends I have given them a verbal list of the pictures I hope they will take. I really can't help myself. They roll their eyes but I do know that they understand how important scrapping each and every little event is to me. I am sure they will try their best to get the good shots, in the middle of eating, dancing and having a good time with their friends. I am sure my words will be there somewhere in the back of their minds.

I am going to have to relinquish control, I know, it's just hard.

1 comment:

  1. The nice thing about digital photography and Facebook is that if they don't get it, someone else will! But i know what you mean, though i long gave up expecting "great" shots from my famly. Heck, i barely get "good" shots if i'm not there saying, "take a photo of that". When Courtney went to Calforna, i expected to get a ton of photos of Hollywood---but instead had to look at over 200 photos of teenager after teenager.

    ReplyDelete