Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Husband- free or husband-less??


OK so you know that title just freaked my mom right out! My hubby has gone to England for a 2 week vacation with my dad. I am kinda excited about this- that is the part my mom doesn't like. I am used to having a work -a -holic hubby, one who travels away from home and works very long hours. With Shawn being laid off he has been at home... A LOT. It is not a bad thing - just a different thing.

It has taken us a while to get used to our new family life. The girls and I are used to being here by ourselves in the mornings and after school- we are used to each others likes and dislikes, we know for instance that you don't talk to Nicole until after she has her cereal, Katie always gets in the shower first and cartoon are still on the TV every morning. Shawn doesn't know these things, he goes in the shower whenever, he has the gall to actually be talkative and cheerful in the morning and he watches the food network!!!!

We have adjusted quite nicely but I am looking forward to this break- it will give me a chance to get to miss him. I haven't had that in awhile. I like looking forward to him coming home and wondering what he is up to. I know he is going to have a fantastic holiday, one he deserves, he has been through so much lately it will be a nice break ( for both if us) :)
Husband-free or husband-less- it's a state of mind.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. When Monty first hurt his knee, he was home a lot. We were happy to have him there, but he didn't fit into the routine. He is back to work now, and all is well. Enjoy the time with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, this post made me laugh. There are many times I wish Jeff would take a holday away from us!! I just can't get rid of him! LOL Enjoy your two week husband-free break, and the reunion even more!

    ReplyDelete