Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Start of Summer

Well my summer has officially started. We wrapped up at school Friday afternoon and I headed over to Two Scrapbook Friends for a crop night with my girlfriends. Gen, Sam, Karan, Andrea and I had a great time, laughing it up and actually getting some layouts done. I made a new friend- Shelby- so my scrap circle continues to grow, yay.

On Saturday we headed up to Grand Bend to camp at the Pinery for a few days. This is our annual family tradition we have been doing this for at least the last 15 years. I started my photo journal and tried to get some shots of what we did each day. It is very hard to pick my favourites since every picture has my favourite people in them. Here are some I chose from the weekend.

We love to feed the chipmunks- they are so brave and friendly, they will eat right out of your hand.





This raccoon came to visit us one night. I caught him hanging out in the tree across from our campsite.





Our community dinner. We spread out over a few different sites in the park but we always have a least 1 dinner together. We all pitch in and as the saying goes ..many hands make light work. We were lucky in that the weather was much better then predicted. We got to spend time on the beach and eat all our meals outside- great!



After dinner we all walk/ride down to the store for ice cream. When the kids were little my dad used to give them a dollar and they could buy a huge bag of candy- those days are gone but the trip to the store isn't.




This year was unique in that Nicole's boyfriend joined us. As my parents said it is a sign of the times- my girls are growing up- there are signs everywhere of the changes to come. Josh was great, he just fits right in, playing games with the girls, cards with the guys and watching sunsets with Nicole

I had to throw in a couple of shots of my nieces. Jadyn is close in age to my girls, just 2 years younger, so she has always been around, having the same experiences that we have had over the years. Drea, Addie and Josie are my youngest brothers girls. They live very close to us so my girls get to spend lots of time with them. We have so much fun watching them grow and learn. My parents have 6 granddaughter - no grandsons - and they wouldn't have it any other way.

Katie & Jadyn


Drea Rae
Addie May




Josie Faye



Campfires are the best!!! We have spent so many hours around the fire singing songs and playing games. My parents love to have all the grand kids together, with the older ones teaching the younger ones so that our traditions get carried on.

It was a great way to start the holidays- I am really looking forward to next 9 weeks and more adventures.









4 comments:

  1. looks like you had great time, enjoy the rest of your time off, it will go quick I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tradition! My family is way too large to ever manage to get everyone together for an entire weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - it looks like a great time and what a wonderful tradition! The camp store at the Pinery is where Wayne and I met - so very special memories whenever I see it. Great start to your summer Lynn - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete