Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summertime Resolutions


So many people make resolutions at New Years. I never do, New Years is not really a big deal for me. I do however feel like things can change when it comes to the summertime. I have the next 75 days off, this seems like an endless amount of time, full of possibilities. Every year at the end of the holidays I look back and reflect and think--what the heck did I do all summer????

This year ( like most others) I have come up with a plan, a list of resolutions. I believe that if I write them down I will stick to them ( didn't work so well with the gym post but hey I'll try again)

1. I will go scrapbooking at 2 friends one day every week and get caught up- I have found my creative mojo again and plan on putting it to work.


2. I will take a picture everyday of what I am doing - this way when it gets to the end of the summer I will have a photo diary to help me remember what I have done with my time.


3. I WILL go to the gym- writing it down again- maybe it will stick this time.


4. I will read a book every week and see a movie just as often ( shouldn't be too hard there are so many the see and read)


5. I will spend time with friends and family, laugh often and loudly and make time for me as well.


I love having summers off, spending time with the family. This year will be different with Shawn home and Katie counseling at camp but it will be fun all the same I'm sure. We always start off the holiday with a family trip to the Pinery. My parents, brothers & nieces all go. It is so much fun , we swim, bbq and have campfires where we sing silly songs. It great way to connect with everyone and make wonderful memories.


I can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on #1 and #3 - maybe we can keep each other on track? Email me when you're home again - we'll chat. :)

    ReplyDelete