Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy 18th Nicole!!

My oldest daughter, Nicole, had her 18th birthday on Friday. I can hardly believe how fast time has flown by. I remember how tiny she was when she was born, the first time she ate carrots, her first swimming lesson, her first day of school the list goes on and on. It seems like such a short time ago.

Nicole and I have always been close. We have amazing heart to heart talks and I am happy that she feels comfortable talking to me. I have that kind of relationship with my mom and i am so happy to have that same bond with my girls. Nicole is growing up, moving away from our little world. She goes places and does things that I am no longer a part of. I know this is how life works and I am glad to say that I think Shawn and I have done our job well. I feel confident that Nicole has the ability to make good choices and is a force to be reckoned with.

I am so proud of Nicole and the women she is becoming. It is a hard time of life for her, making the big life altering decisions, college, university, what should I do with the rest of my life?? It doesn't seem right that you need to make these choices at such a young age. there is soooo much out there to see and do. Nicole has always know that she wants to work with children, it is in what capacity she needs to figure out - teacher, councilor, early childhood or high school age? Who knows? All I know is that she is happy, safe, in love and has the stability in her life that will help her in figuring it all out. Whatever it is she decides to do I know she will be great at it!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Nicole! What a beautiful young lady!

    ReplyDelete