Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Quest for the Perfect Cooler


I am not a big drinker. Ever since I had the girls my tolerance of alcohol has gone way, way down. After 2 drinks I can hardly form coherent sentences- it's ridiculous. Having said all that there are certain times that a you would like to have a nice drink. Hot summer nights with company, around the campfire, those kinds of times.


I would like to find a cooler that I would enjoy. Something easy to grab to take to friends or have in a cooler camping- no mixing, no pouring- easy. I am looking for suggestions- what do you like to drink? I have tried a few and other than my standard caesar have not been successful yet. I am picky mind you- I don't like wine, anything that tastes like alcohol or lemonade- I know, I'm hard to please. I tried banana Vex and Pink lemonade Vex- no good--


So if you have any ideas I would like to hear them.

4 comments:

  1. Courtney LOVES coolers! She drinks them all the time. i'll have to ask her what her favourte flavours are. Other than a good glass of wine i don't drink alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, so i'm out of the loop, she doesn't drink them anymore, haha. Anyways, she did make some recommendations. She enjoyed Smirnoff the orginal flavour and any of the Baccardi Breezers drinks (their made with rum). Her favourite flavour was Strawberry Dacuiri (sp?) (which are yummy as a cocktail too). But warns they leave your tongue and teeth red. Have fun taste testing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Peggy- I will check them out- and watch out for the red teeth lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. the ones i brought to the retreat (which you weren't fond of) were the Orange Bacardi Breezers. I think they come in vodka or rum, though, so you might want to try one of each of the different Breezers. the strawberry ones are quite different though so you might still like those. i also recently tried their Lychee fruit Breezers and liked them quite a bit. i find that some of them are just way too sweet for my taste, so i'm looking too. did you try the PC no-alcohol mojitos? i like them (and they're super cheap!) think they have other flavours too.

    ReplyDelete