Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Last week of July

July 27 &28--such miserable, rainy, cold days for the last week of July. I spent these 2 days in front of my TV. I found a new HBO show that I love. It is all about vampires and they are not the cute ones from Twilight either. It is called True Blood. The show is in its second season so I got to watch 18 episodes in a row. It can be gross at times and there are some intense sex scenes but I like the story lines so I will keep on watching. July 29th--Road trip!! I love spartaberry candles, they are my favourite scent. I have bought these candles from craft shows and home parties but I have never been to the place they are made. Gen and I decided to head out on the open road and discover just where exactly Sparta is located. It took us an hour to get there, just outside of London. They have a cute little gifts shop called Anything Used. We stocked up on candles, looked around the village then headed into London to have lunch and look around White Oaks Mall. It was a very nice relaxing way to spend a day.


July 30th-- I spent 6 hours today cleaning out my cold storage room. I wish I would have taken a before shot so you could have seen what it looked like. I usually do this about every 3 years. It looks great for a couple of weeks then we start throwing stuff in there and the downhill slides starts all over again. I hope to not fall into the same old bad habits again and it stays looking this good for a long, long time.
July 31st-- Our ladies who lunch day. I mentioned in a prior post how decedent it feels to go to a weekday matinee- well I did it again!! We decided to travel down the highway Guelph this week. We wanted to try out Moxies. It was very good. I had the salmon on capaletti- yummy! We shopped around Stone Road Mall for a bit- I had never been there before then we went to the Galaxy theatre and saw Funny People. It was a good movie- not as good as The Ugly Truth but still good.
Aug 1st-- The sun, the sun - yay!! Today was such a nice day. I got to hang my laundry out to dry, I read in the backyard under our new awning and I decided to weed the gardens. As I was pulling out the weeds something jumped out at me. I just about had a heart attack! It was a toad - he was huge. I grabbed my camera and got this shot then he took off. It was a great day and a great way to end the first month of the summer. I just hope the next month stays as nice.

2 comments:

  1. I had a blast. If only summer could last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one busy lady! I am so glad that you are enjoying your summer :)

    ReplyDelete