Monday, August 17, 2009

My Camping Trip


Aug 9-15 I went camping at Rockwood Conservation area this past week. For the first couple of days I was with my parents and Shawn. We have spent many hours at campsites together but usually we have the kids. Katie was of course at camp and Nicole went to a friends cottage so it was just us grown ups. My parents have a great house trailer, it has 2 TVs, DVD player, fridge, stove, shower, microwave- all the fixings for a great holiday.
On Sunday night there was a huge thunderstorm. It was wild! The lightening was flashing, the thunder was booming, the rain was coming down, and the wind was incredible. We were all set- we had the TV and some movies- no problem. Well then doesn't the power go out... for the next 10 hours! We actually had a good night, we played cards and relaxed, it was fun.
On Monday we went for a walk in the woods. We could see the devastation from the storm, there were trees down all over the place. It made for some interesting maneuvers on the trail that's for sure. There is a very nice look out point on overlooking the lake- well worth the walk.



Tuesday was a lazy day- we sat around the campsite in the heat and basked in the sun.


Wednesday was change over day. My parents and Shawn left and my ladies came. This was our second annual camping trip. We ate, read, drank, laughed, talked, ate, drank, read, napped- you get the picture. We had fantastic weather, we had campfires every night. We had our book club discussion for the month at the picnic table-- so much fun. We went for a walk and checked out the old Mill and the caves. Our campfire discussions were very productive. If all the world leaders could get together around a campfire there wouldn't be nearly as much strife in the world.



I missed my girls for sure but I had a very relaxing, fun-filled enjoyable week!

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous. I love going to Rockwood. I need to add this to my list of things to do before summer is over. Glad you made it through the storm. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it sounds like a great time. A bit scary in that wicked storm. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you had a good time... it's nice to get away once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I love the see no evil,speak no evil, hear no evil picture...very cool

    ReplyDelete