Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Birthday!!

August 18th-- It was my birthday last week while I was away camping. This caused my birthday celebrations to become a week long event! First my parents took me out for lunch and shopping before we went away. I really wanted a new pair of birkenstocks. I love my birks, I have had them for almost 10 years. I wear them from the minute the snow melts in the Spring until it starts to fall again in the Winter- they have never let me down. I have had them resoled and resealed and they fit me like a glove. I decided to go with a new colour and style. I got black 3 strap sandals this time. I am slowly working them in- I think they are going to be great. Many thanks to Shawn and my parents for my new shoes!
My birthday was actually on Thursday. This is the first year that I was not with any of my family on the actual day. I thought it was going to be my first time ever not having a birthday cake- I should have known better- my ladies wouldn't let me down. They had a cake hidden in the cooler and pulled it out after dinner. They sang to me around the picnic table- it was great! My ladies are totally awesome! Thank goodness for technology- I got texts all day long, from Shawn at home, Nicole at work, Katie at camp and other friends- I felt so loved.
When I came home from my trip and Katie got home from camp the girls gave me my present- I got a home made gift certificate for Two Scrapbook Friends (I wonder if the store will honour it??) My girl's understand my scrapbook obsession and the best gift of all- a Patrick Chan water bottle from McDonald's! Now have you seen the commercial where the little girl gets her bottle autographed by Patrick for her mom? Well that could be me. I have had a little bit of a crush on him since he showed up in the commercials during the summer Olympics. There is just something about him. I expect big things from him in February!
My mother in law showed up today with a mall gift card- I get to go shopping. Gen gave me a pedicure gift certificate so I got that done today- all in all I am a very lucky, very spoiled women. I am very thankful and grateful for the wonderful friends and family that I got to share all my birthday celebrations with!





7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lynn! Sounds like you had a great time celebrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! It's great when your b-day turns into a week long event!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Looks like you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Lynn! You deserve to be pampered! I've had the three-strap Birks for a while and LOVE them too ... no better comfort for your feet. See you soon.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty toes! I hope you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to you....happy birthday to you....happy birthday dear Lynn....happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday friend! It sounds like you had a wonderful week-long celebration.

    ReplyDelete