Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Campfires

I love to camp- have ever since I was little. One of my favourite things about camping is the campfire. We have spent many hours with family sitting around the fire, singing, sharing stories, roasting marshmallows.
I am so glad that now we can have fires in the backyard. When we expanded our deck last summer we added a concrete patio- specifically for a campfire pit. I wasn't sure how much we would use it but I wanted it just in case.

Well no fear- it got used- a lot. There is nothing better than sitting out around a fire on a summer evening. It just relaxes me. We have had 3 fires so far this spring. Nicole, Katie and the high school slo-pitch team are out there right now ( yes it's a school night but they have a tourney tomorrow so they are all staying here) they are making s'mores and sharing stories, creating new memories.

I am so glad we added the patio

3 comments:

  1. I am not much of a camper, but I do like backyard fires. We have a pool, so if you close your eyes and imagine.....it is like being at the beach and camping all at the same time. It is wonderful. Hope you enjoy losts of backyard fires this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE BONFIRES!! And roasted marshmallows! And hotdog spiders! And a glass of wine! We too have a firepit in the backyard and gets used often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love campfires. Up until a couple years ago, we used to have them at least every Friday and this had gone on for years ... sadly, life got too crazy. Hoping to resurrect the habit this year and would love to have you guys join us by the Grand. Nothing like wood smoke, snacks around campfire, friends enjoying themselves and, oh yeah, mosquitoes and bug spray! Lori S.

    ReplyDelete