Monday, May 4, 2009

First Ever Scrap Page

So I received my first tag yesterday. My friend Joanne tagged me in the first ever scrap page game.

The rules are simple:

1. Show us your first scrapbook page

2. Write a couple of lines about the page - associated with your feelings, your thoughts and when you did it

3. Pass the game on to 5 people


So here is my first ever scrap book page.


My girlfriend Kirsten was hosting a Creative Memories home party about 9 years ago. I had always known that I wanted to do something special with my girls school photos, I just wasn't sure what it was. When I went to the party and saw what could be accomplished I knew I had found my answer. I was instantly hooked. For the first time in my life I actually spent a big chunk of money without discussing it with my hubby. I bought the whole kit and caboodle, every tool, sticker, blade that they had. I am happy to say that Shawn was glad I had actually spent money on myself and I have used those same tools ever since. Of course I have added to my stash along the way, I have gotten used to cutting photos- I had such a hard time doing that the first time. I have become much more creative but I still have the same passion every time I see a blank page.

I am supposed to tag 5 people but I only have 2 blog friends that have not been tagged- Kelly and Sam- I tag you!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Lynn! I'm going to have to pull out my first scrapbook and take a photo to share my first ever page... stay tuned.
    Re: the 23rd, do you guys scrapbook during the day or in the evening? Feel free to respond via email samanthahill79@hotmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep,my first albums all look just like that too! I know some people go back and redo their old albums, but I like mine just fine...

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like mine too- they bring back the memories of learning what I was doing and the fun times I had making them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So our first pages look very similar (lol) - different themes but same idea!! I too was totally hooked on the whole concept of scrapbooking ever since my first page! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, my first page looks similar too!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete