Monday, May 25, 2009

Jon & Kate

So I watched the season 5 premire of Jon and Katie with the family tonight. It is Katie's favourite show. She went through withdrawl when she was in Luxembourg and couldn't get it on the TV. Katie's friends even made her a build-a-bear of little Aaden to take with her on her trip!

We had been reading about the struggles the family has been going through in the tabloids and we were interested in seeing what they would say on the show. I love seeing the kids. They crack me up. I can't imagine having that life. I know how overwhelmed I felt at points in my life when the girls were small and I only had the two of them! I do believe that when families sign up for these types of shows they set themselves up for scrutiny. You are always going to have detractors, you are going to lose your freedom and your family will pay.

It seems to me that Katie is thriving in this atmosphere and Jon is lost. I think he loves his family but has lost himself and his purpose. I think he is rebelling against his loss of freedom. I think he would be a much happier person if he could get a job outside of the home, have something that is his and does not belong to the public. Kate can still do all her appearances and trips- they have help- they love their kids- hopefully they can weather this storm. I will be watching to see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. I missed the show so thanks for the re-cap. I hope they make it! And you're absolutely right about Jon getting a job outside of the house, especially now that the younger kids are in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this show as well and have enjoyed watching the family over the years. I am hoping that they will make it through this tough time.

    ReplyDelete