Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A day Home Alone? Not!



July 7th-- So this is what my house looks like when I scrap at home. I spent all day Monday at 2 Scrapbook Friends scraping up a storm and I wanted to keep going. I tend to spread out all over the room at home. I love to scrap in front of the TV and thank goodness I have a PVR because occasionally I will realize that I have missed entire chunks of the show I am watching and I need to rewind. Shawn just stays out of my way and has learned not to touch or move anything because although it looks messy and disorganized I know exactly where everything I need is.
As I was busy I could smell something yummy coming from the garage. Shawn loves to cook and is always trying out new things. I hate to cook so we are well matched, having him around means that the girls and I don't starve. Shawn has all kinds of kitchen gadgets, things I have no idea what they do- nor do I want to learn. Last year he bought a smoker- smoked meat is not one of my favourite things but he keeps on trying out new cuts of meat and creating his own sauces. Last night we had BBQ ribs and a great Greek salad. Thanks Shawn!


July 8th-- So today I was supposed to have a peaceful, quiet day at home by myself. Shawn had meetings in Toronto all day and a dinner, Nicole was working a double shift and Katie is away at camp- I was so excited to be at home all by myself- it doesn't happen very often. I had grand plans of reading the day away, watching a movie and maybe even having a nap- I should have know it was never meant to be.
Katie suffers from ear issues, has for years. She has had blocked ears for the past month, we have been to the doctors 3 times, had prescriptions, cold and sinus pills, a spray for her nose and we were even putting nose drops in her ears (don't ask). There is fluid in there that will just not go away and is causing her a lot of pain- enough pain that she actually called me from camp (her favourite place on earth) and asked me to take her to the doctors. I knew it was serious because Katie would never leave camp if it wasn't. So by the time I drove out to the camp, picked her up, saw the doctor, took her back to camp and got home- 4 hours had gone by! It is worth it if she feels better and can make it through the rest of the summer- she may have to get tubes put in in the fall.
I had just gotten home and was contemplating a bath when Nicole called about going out for her dinner break. Well I couldn't say no to that- I love to spend time with Nicole and I am happy she likes to spend time with me. So after I got home from there, did my e-mails, tidied up a bit and empty the dishwasher it was now 7:00. So my day has gone by, I didn't get to read my book, watch a movie or have a nap but I did get to spend some quality time with the people I love the most in the world- so I didn't have a day alone but I certainly had a day well spent.















3 comments:

  1. I am hoping you are able to get more time to yourself to scrap, and im so sorry to hear that Katie has ear concerns, that is not fun and i speak from experience..i hope she is feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMM ribs!! they are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Katie! Hope she's feeling better and doesn't have a recurrence and the rest of her camp experience runs smoothly. Hopefully you'll get a free day in yet.

    ReplyDelete