Monday, July 13, 2009

Katie's Update

July 12th--I have come to realize that with Katie gone to camp she is very absent from our home and also on my blog. I do get texts from her almost daily so I know what she is up to I just don't get to physically see her. You would think I would be used to this since she was gone on her exchange for 3 months but it is still hard- I miss her.

Katie was home from camp this weekend. She brought with her much laundry and many funny stories of her first week as a councillor. I am so proud of how much she has grown this past year. She is so much more self confident & outgoing- gone is my quiet, shy, hang out in the background daughter. Katie also had her 2 month anniversary with her boyfriend Nate. With her being gone to camp and him away on a mission trip they are not going to be able to see a lot of each other over the summer. Nate did an awesome thing and sent her a dozen red roses. She was so shocked and happy- a really nice thing to see.
On Sunday after dinner it was time to take Katie back to camp. It is always a hard trip to make, I am a little sad every time I drop her off. I do however laugh at the luggage that goes along with her. The plastic set of drawers from Zehrs that she used means she has a dresser in her cabin with her. A handy way to travel and keep organized- I just hate lugging them up and down to the cabins!
So she is gone for another week, learning, growing and sharing and I will just wait to hear what she has been up to next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment