Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We are Exercising!!


July 17--I am trying to get in some kind of shape. I don't expect any drastic changes I just want to feel better and have more energy. I have been going to the gym a couple of times a week with Shawn, Nicole and Michelle. I usually do a yoga class but I am going to start and do some cardio work. I did try to go on the elliptical machine- it really did not work out very well but I hope to build up to a better level of endurance.
Exercising is so much better with a partner. I am lucky that I have so many people to chose from! My friend Michelle has joined the gym as well. We work at motivating each other to go. It would be easy to just stay sitting on my couch some days but with the obligation of plans with friends makes me get up and go out the door. Nicole is fun to go to the gym with. She is in much better shape than I am but she is great at motivating and encouraging me. Shawn has been going to the gym for years. He doesn't do classes but works out on the machines. We work at encouraging each other to get up and go, we drive over together do our own thing and then come home. I am hoping that I will eventually get to the point where I can keep up to Nicole and Shawn on the machines.
I have also started to walk. So simple yet I hardly ever do it. I have started to walk with my friend Deb. We both have dogs so we head out to Huron Natural area once a week and get them and ourselves an hour or so of exercise. I like walking because you are moving yet you can still chat.
I hope I keep it up. I am enjoying it and also how it makes me feel. I know it will get tougher when school starts up again but hopefully by then I will have a good routine in place.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! It will be second nature by the time school's back in! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for exercise!! it does make such a difference when you have someone to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our walks too! It is so much easier to get moving, when you have a buddy.

    ReplyDelete