Friday, July 24, 2009

Reason's I Love Being off in the Summer

July 23--I love being off in the summer for a couple of reason. Number 1- you have the freedom to be spontaneous. On Wednesday Michelle told me about the big Lululemon warehouse sale that was happening in Hamilton starting on Thursday. Well Nicole was off and we had no plans so woot hoot- road trip! We got up bright and early ( 8:00) on Thursday morning and headed down to Hamilton. We knew the sale would be a big deal but we had no idea of how big exactly. When we got there the line up was up and down the block- the wait time was estimated to be 6 hours. We were not sure of how good the deals were going to be but they would have to be paying me to take the pants or at least giving them away for free in order to entice me to stand in line for 6 hours- so plans dashed but hey we are flexible. Nicole and I decided to head over the Brantford to check out the university site. We had been there in the Fall but now that Nicole is actually going there for sure we wanted to scope it out a bit more. Since Nicole is only on the waiting list for residence and may be commuting I wanted to have her drive the route to get an idea of how it may be in the fall. It takes about 45 minute and the drive is not bad so she will be ok, we will just have to buy another car :(
July 24th-- The 2nd reason to love being off for the summer is the week day matinee. There is something mildly decadent about sitting in a movie theatre when most other adults are at work. My girlfriends and I went to see The Ugly Truth. What a funny movie! We had a great time and some deep down belly laughs. It was a great way to spent the day and start the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. wow, I heard it was almost a 6 hour wait to get into the sale, good thing you didn't stay!
    I saw The Ugly Truth last night and it was hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Nicole is able to get into rez. Though it's much cheaper to commute, the experience should not be missed.

    ReplyDelete