Sunday, July 12, 2009

Road Trip!!



July 8-11-- Nicole had a couple of days off from work, Katie was at camp, Shawn had a golf tourney and Josh was out of town playing ball - perfect time for Nicole and I to head out on a road trip. I have been away many times with the girls, from synchro competitions, to camping trips to girls weekends but I have never been away one on one with either of the girls.
Nicole had been saving up some money and needed a bunch of new clothes so we decided on a shopping trip. My friend Kirsten told me about a place she had been in the states with great deals and best of all no sales tax- Grove City Pennsylvania. Sounded like the perfect place for us!


Nicole found a bunch of really great deals. We spent a day at the Prime Outlet Mall then headed out the next morining down to Erie to the regular mall. My best deal of the weekend was Nike running shoes- I need them cause I go to the gym now don't you know.




We had such a good time. Laughed a lot and solved many, many issues. My favourite thing to do when I am away is to go to the movies. I find it interesting to to go to different theatres and see what is different there, for instance, in England you can actually book your seat in the theatre on line- your actual seat, you never need to show up an hour early to make sure your not in the front row. The theatre in Erie was neat in that it had the most comfortable seats I have ever been in in a cinema, they were padded, wide and reclined, you could also put up the arm rest if you wanted to snuggle- very cool.
We ate at Olive Garden one night and an English pub the other, we could do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. It was such a nice time together, really getting to talk and share. I am so proud of Nicole and the women she is becoming, I am glad to be able to call her my friend as well as my daughter. - now I can't wait to have the same kind of experience with Katie in the future.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Wish I could go down there, I heard there is some really good shopping! Did you guys get lots of stuff? any recommendations, I might have to plan a trip down there myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you gals had a wonderful time! That no tax sounds tempting....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you have been having one busy summer girlfriend! I am so glad that you are having some fun times with your daughters and your friends and still finding time to scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete