Monday, July 6, 2009

July 1st to the 6th

Summer is going great. I have been sticking to my resolutions, I have been to the gym with Nicole & Michelle twice this week- and survived! I have also been taking a picture a day so I can remember all the things that I have been up to.



July 1st-- Today was Canada's birthday an important day to celebrate but the big deal in our house this year was taking Katie to camp. The girls have been going to camp Ki-Wa-Y for a few years now. Last year Katie went to the month long LIT program, this year Katie went to camp as a Counselor in training. She will be gone for the entire summer, only coming home on Saturday nights and returning on Sundays. We will miss having her around but she is so excited about camp and will have such a wonderful experience it wont be hard wish her well.


July 2nd-- Summer just hasn't started officially for me without a night at the movies. Nicole, Katie and I had all read My Sister's Keeper- great book- and were excited to see the movie. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us to get to the movies before Katie left for camp so it was just Nicole and I. We started off with dinner at Wild Wings- still love that places- I have tried 12 out the 101 flavours so far! Then it was off to meet Michelle, Gen and her daughter at the theatre. Gen's daughter Nicole is 4 years older then my Nicole but they used to swim synchro together so they get along well. There was a medical emergency during the movie so it was delayed for about 40 minutes but we got to see the whole thing and also got free passes to go back for another movie so it worked out well for us. The movie was good, the ending was changed a lot from the book but it still worked and I cried like a baby through most of it.



July 3rd-- After being gone camping for a week and getting Katie ready for camp it was time to spend the day cleaning the house. During the school year I have a cleaning lady- whom I love with all my heart!!!My favourite thing is coming home when everything is all done and just sitting there, alone, taking it all in. Since I am off in the summer she doesn't come as often so it is up to me. I don't actually mind cleaning the house when I have the time- now spending time in the kitchen is a completely different story.



July 4th-- Finally a nice sunny day. A couple of weeks ago Shawn installed a clothes line for me on the side of the house. I haven't had an opportunity to use it until today. I love the smell of fresh from the outdoors laundry. I feel like I am making a contribution to the environment when I don't use the dryer as well. We also had my parent's over for dinner. Shawn made pulled pork in his smoker, it was delicious. We had a wonderful dinner and then watched a DVD, all in all a great day.


July 5th--Shawn is still off work. It has been nice having him home with me this week. He is so used to being busy that we need to keep coming up with projects for him to do. He got the bathroom done, all the gardens and he hung up an awning over the deck last week. We were eating lunch outside on Sunday and looking at the garden. When we first moved into the house there were farmers fields behind us. Over the past few years construction has been going like gangbusters over the road. There are now thousands of homes behind us. When the building started I said to Shawn that we should plant some trees, we have a sound barrier wall but I wanted to block out the view to & from our bedroom window. Shawn didn't want to plant trees, doesn't like the leaves and how trees effect the lawn-so we did not get any -- until yesterday that is. It may take him a while but he usually comes around to my way of thinking. I wish we would have gotten them 5 years ago- they would be so much bigger now but I am happy to have them at last.


July 6th-- I spent the day at Two Scrapbooking friends today with my good friends Deb and Lori. It was Deb's birthday so it was nice to get together on her special day. We had a great time, a nice lunch and got lots of pages done. Carolyn, co-owner of the store, was working today, she works hard but always has a smile on her face and time for a chat. We are the same age, have been married for the same amount of time and have kids close in age so there's always some kind of story to share or experience to mull over. I stayed for the class and was pleasantly surprised when my new scrap friend Kelly showed up. I got to meet her friend ?Sarah?, got some new book titles to check out and we signed up to do another class together.

It has been a great week- stay tuned for more adventures next week!!!

1 comment:

  1. looks like you are having a good summer so far, have some fun for me too, since I have to work!

    ReplyDelete