Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another Bump in the Road

So life never fails to amaze me. I have a very good life, a husband who loves me, great kids and a job that I love to go to everyday. I am thankful for all that I have and I try not to take anything for granted. Well you should never get too content because you do not know what is waiting for you around the corner.

Today my husband got laid off from his job. Shawn has worked for the same company for over 26 years, ever since he was 15 years old. He went to college to become a marketing major and that was a role he grew into. Shawn is fantastic at his job, his employer gave him many promotions and commendations. Shawn was a loyal and dedicated employee. Nobody worked harder than Shawn or was more motivated. I guess these things don't count for much in the economic times we are living in. Companies just look at the bottom line and not at the people any more. Large corporations are going to end up paying for these decisions in the future.


We are going to be okay. Shawn got a good package which will afford him the time to find a job that he will love. One where he will get the respect he deserves. He has lots of contacts and is well respected in his industry. His phone was beeping all night tonight with messages from friends and coworkers, checking to make sure he was okay, offering to help with anything we need. I made me happy to hear how well loved Shawn is.


We know there are people out there who are a lot worse off than us. We are safe, happy, nobody is sick or dying, it is only a job, only money, there are more important things in life.


We live by the motto that everything happens for a reason. We know there is something good that will come out of this- we just have to wait and see what it is!

3 comments:

  1. i read your status on Facebook and was wondering what you were talking about. i'm so sorry to hear this! Doesn't seem fair, particularly where he's put in so many years. But you're absolutely right, there are far worse things to happen and he is well qualified and will easily find another job. Hope he is fine and thinking postive thoughts and looking forward to some little time off. Things do happen for a reason, and you'll find out soon what that is. Hang in there, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there my friend! Something good will come along.

    By the way, I have given you a blog award! Hope this puts a smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you guys as you face this challenge together. Hope Shawn finds a fantastic new position that he loves.

    ReplyDelete