Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring is in the air


Yesterday we celebrated one of our rights of Spring- the first barbecue of the season. The weather was great, the air smelt fresh and there was steak to be eaten. Nicole and Josh were as well as our friend Dave. It was a very nice relaxing meal. The Spring barbecue holds promise of all the great things to come.


I was sick last week for a couple of day so Saturday was my first time out in the nice weather. It was invigorating! I was inspired to open all the windows, wash all the bedding and freshen things up. One of the jobs of Spring I hate is the annual cleaning up of the backyard. I love my dog but man oh man I truly hate that job. I wish I could be one of those people who keep on top of this chore. I usually start of well but as the days get colder in the fall and the snow starts falling he is on his own out there. I want to stay nice and cosy in the house. It is not a terrible job, it doesn't take to long but I wish he could pick up after himself!


Speaking of picking up after themselves- yesterday after I washed all the bedding I had to remake the beds- this is quite the job in Nicole's room, it is hard to maneuver in there. Nicole has the smallest room in the house. When we moved in here 9 years ago Katie had a hard time leaving her friends and moving to a new place. Nicole being the protective big sister, willingly gave up the bigger girl's room and took the smaller boy's room- with a coat of paint it no longer looked like a boys room but we couldn't anything about the size. We built lots of shelves and organized a desk - the room is nice but there is not a lot of room once you put in all Nicole's stuff, and boy oh boy she has a lot of stuff! Long story short my decision to give everybody nice fresh bedding caused me to end up spending 3 hours tidying and organizing Nicole's room. So I didn't get to spend much of my first Spring day relaxing but I did have a very happy, grateful daughter who can now get to her bed with out risking life and limb.

1 comment:

  1. One thing I definitely DON'T miss about having a dog is the spring thaw! If I still had one I might actually break down and call the "Dr. Doo-doo" guy!

    ReplyDelete