Friday, April 17, 2009

Not so Smart



So have you ever done something silly, or had as my girls call them a "blond" moment? When you do or say something that later you look back, shake your head and say what the heck was I thinking?


I recently had my biggest blond moment ever. One that I will probably never get to live down. Possibly because it was so amazingly ridiculous that I can't help but repeat the story over and over to anyone who will listen. I don't care if people laugh at me, I have no problem being the butt of my own jokes. I am a habitual over-sharer. I share many aspects of my life because I think life is too short not to laugh.


A couple of weeks ago my husband Shawn and I were out shopping for some bathroom renovation items. During our travels we stopped in at the new Lindt outlet. Now if you have never been there it is a store filled will kinds of Lindt chocolates, all different sizes, shapes and flavours. Well with my love of all things chocolate I was in heaven. I wondered around the store reading all the labels, checking out all the different flavours, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, mint, orange.. you get my drift. As I was reading the labels on the packages I picked up some chocolate carrots. Now don't ask me where my brain went because at that moment I was sure that Lindt had created a carrot flavoured candy. I thought it was a very interesting choice but hey I'll try anything new so I bought 4 and brought them home.


We were having a nice Sunday dinner, roast beef, yorkshire puddings, all the trimmings. Nicole's boyfriend was joining us. Dinner was great and now it was time for dessert. I served the cheesecake- with a Lindt carrot on the side. As I explained to everyone that these were new carrot flavour chocolates that we all had to try I got the first inkling that my thinking was off, and as the laughter broke out at the table and I actually thought about what I had said I realized that of course they weren't carrot flavoured... just carrot shaped. Well I couldn't stop laughing, what the heck had I been thinking???


Last week was Easter and Josh bought Nicole a Lindt bunny and of course he added the carrots- he saw them and couldn't resist. As I said this is something I am probably never going to live down- it will rear it's ugly head every Easter I am sure!

3 comments:

  1. LOL, cute story. My brain is not as sharp as it used to be either,and getting funny looks from the family is becoming quite habitual, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and now that you've posted it on your blog for everyone on the interwebs to read, you for SURE won't live it down! ah well, it feels good to make people laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See- chronic over- sharer- told you!

    ReplyDelete