Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bath Time!


I love baths. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting in a tub filled with bubbles and a good book. My love of baths goes back to when my girls were little. We were sooo busy, running around, playing and having fun. Shawn was working nights and I had the girls 24/7. On Sundays Shawn would take the girls out for an hour, to the park or for a walk and I could have a quiet bath. I loved that peaceful hour. A bit of me time, time to relax and regroup and get ready for the new week.


Well the girls are grown up now, no longer require my one on one attention all day long- but my love of baths has not diminished. I know that all is right in my world if I can steal away for a couple of hours, book in hand, down into the bubbles.


We started our bathroom renovations last week. The first thing to go was the tub. I am getting new, deeper soaker tub- so exciting!! I can't wait to try it out. It has a sloping back, it's wider and it even has armrests. It's going to be great, but I really need a bath now. With all that has been going on this past week I had to have a bath, needed to prove to myself that I was ok, that everything would be ok. So I headed over to my Mom's- hey they're still gone on holidays. As I filled the tub and slipped quietly into the water- so warm and soothing- I realised that yes, everything will be alright.

2 comments:

  1. Another idea to try if you need that soothing bath is check into a hotel with a great big relaxing jacussi. Did this once on a "date" with Jeff and i stayed in that tub long after he left. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Baths are one of my special indulgences as well!

    ReplyDelete